Friday, May 14, 2010

INSPIRED!!!

Hello Everyone,

I am inspired today!!! I was painting yesterday...walls, not canvass!

I find there is something in the whole "working with the hands" concept that is incredibly freeing. I was alone for the day and had a long playlist running from the laptop through the speakers...To get a feel for the mindset and mood here is a short sampling of the music that I listened to while working away cutting and rolling!!!

Springsteen - Multiple, BUT...Growing Up is a great tune!
Tom Cochrane (Symphony Sessions, Edmonton)- Boy Inside the Man
Melissa Etheridge / Joss Stone - Grammy Performance of Janis Joplin
Jon Bon Jovi - Hallelujah (from Jeff Buckley's version of Leonard Cohen's classic
Meatloaf - Multiple
Queen - I Wanna Break Free
Zeppelin - Babe I'm Gonna Leave
Marc Cohn - Silver Thunderbird and True Companion
John Lennon - Imagine
The London Quire Boys - Maryanne
Matchbox 20 - Bright Lights
KT Tunstall - Black Horse and the Cherry Tree
The Fray - Over My Head
We Can Be Hero's - The Wallflowers (via David Bowie)
Joe Cocker - Have a Little Faith in Me
Boston - Fore Play / Long Time
Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays

...AND many more!!!

I found a real peace and tranquility in my day. I was able to walk through, in my mind, many events and schedules that are ongoing and upcoming, run through various chapters and plot lines for the next book and at times simply slip away into my own world all surrounded by music that has many historical touchstones and sentimental meanings, but also just plain FUN listening to great music.

I am working here this morning for a couple of hours. I will be laying down the plot movement for the next 10 - 12 chapters as they played out yesterday in my head and then I am back to ore painting...WRITING THIS WEEKEND!!! I am very excited. I am on a tight timeline for the next book...June 15th!!! Hey...I have a working title..."FLASH DRIVE". Yikes!!! I have about 80 hours left in painting, renovating and decorating before the new place is ready and then packing and moving on June 14th...PLUS gettinbg this book done. Exhausting but exciting!!! It will all get done...Then sleep, LOL!!!

Find something in your day to "move, touch and inspire" you and/or someone else!!!

Okay...I just wanted to share the power of music and the inspiration working with my hands can bring about. Painting, gardening and then writing...Interesting eh???

Have a great day!!!

Paul Greene
Author - Darkness on the Edge of Town

No comments:

Post a Comment