Monday, April 26, 2010

My first BLOG...

Hello to all,

I am starting this blog to chronicle the experience of having my first full length novel published. The "getting here" has been a rollercoaster and a constant internal struggle (more on that later)...but now that the time is actually at hand and the first novel will be made available online in the next few days, the excitement and sense of completion is wonderful.

Even if the novel isn't recieved well it has been a long time coming. The next two books in this series are coming along nicely (more on these in later blogs). I have the concepts underway for two completely different genre books and the creative juices are flowing in overdrive.

I will do my best to chronicle the getting to this point in tomorrow's blog. It has been a great overcoming obstacles kind of story. Mostly self imposed, LOL! Then there was LIFE and all it had to offer and throw at me. Then there was the "selection" of the publisher...it is the moving forward, the getting it done and getting it out there. This has been a great time. Cover art, proofing and editing by professionals - all done at their cost. Contracts and all the particulars involved...it has been exhilerating and inspiring!!! I am committed to continuing my writing and working on penning that "GREAT" story I know is inside.

I was recently watching Elvis Costello interviewing Bruce Springsteen. Springsteen was trying to describe what was needed for him to be such a great writer and story teller. He said it wasn't just 1 + 1 equals 2...It needed to be 1 + 1 equals 3...there was, he said, the pen/paper and the words, but if you (or him) as a writer didn't have that intangible something else...life experience, angst, great joy, etc, etc, etc...then the words you (or he) put down on paper would not captivate, inspire, touch, or move the reader or listener...and there it is...

I don't feel as though I have pulled the emotions out far enough in the central character of my first book, aptly named "Darkness on the Edge of Town". I know there is much more to say and be told with a deeper sense of emotion...getting there will be (I believe) even more fun and exhilerating than getting to this point with book one going online for sale this week.

I look forward to comments, feedback and sharing of all kinds. If you happen to pick up a copy of my book and read it I would, of course, good or bad, love to hear your review and answer any questions...Thanks and here is to all the happiness, success and great health we can enjoy this year!!!

Warm regards,

Paul Greene
Author, Darkness on the Edge of Town

No comments:

Post a Comment